4.02.2008

It's a crazy world

I cross-posted again.....sorry.

A few updates really quickly in the midst of the whirlwind that is the week before a convention. And really.......the week before a convention that starts a long string of me not having weekends to myself, but that's neither here nor there I suppose. This weekend will be the prestigious AnimeDetour in scenic Bloomington, Minnesota......and it will be fun, although long days. And, since I'm on staff, it will require me to sacrifice my Thursday night for the good of the masses, as well, in that immediately following work tomorrow, I will proceed to the Ramada MoA (which is one of my favorite places in the world) for setting up of things. On the bright side, I'll get to meet with our elite guests.........a little perk for having to work my ass off while everyone else has fun. Although, I suppose, that's not necessarily true. I mean, I'm on marketing staff, so really all of my work has been done ever since the programming guide came out. Which means I mostly just get to enjoy myself at this con. And enjoy myself I will. I'm also a panelist yet again.....bringing the masses a bit deeper into the wonderful world of yaoi.....in a much less structured format that will likely include an always entertaining Greg Ayres.

But really, the point here is to introduce you all to the brand new me......the me who looks scarily like Hyde........even more so than before. O-to-san ga suki!!! (for a better finish start with Hyde) At any rate, it's for my costume for Detour, wherein Brian and I will be cosplaying Kei (Hyde)

Hyde as Kei from Moon Child

and Shou (Gackt)
Gackt as Sho from Moon Child

from the Emmy-nominated (in the WTF was Gackt thinking category) vampire film, Moon Child. Taiwanese gangster, future vampires even.



Therefore.............I cut off all my hair. That's right kids......all of it. And now, for the before and after (so you can make a comparison with just how scary much I look like Hyde..........

Pre-cut:
The before

and....post-cut:
The after

There you have it kids.........the craziest thing I've ever done for cosplay. Do I miss my hair??? Yes. Do I like my new hair??? Yes.

Bonus (sorta): It also doubles as short-haired Riza Hawkeye of FMA fame (at least for now), which would be great if I had bought the FMA military uniform from the Cospatio in Akihabara instead of my beloved Ouran Jacket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home