11.05.2005

Crack is Cheaper

Ok.....so I've been living on the west side since Wednesday and it's an all too convenient 15 minute bus ride to West Towne AND their Barnes and Noble. I've now been there the past 2 days. Though I argue that I may not have gone over there today had the people at Goth Topic not forgotten to remove the ink tag from discussion item number one below. So...ok, I spent like 50 dollars feeding my "crack" habit. And I had a nice discussion to that effect with the very nice and flamboyant man working the counter at Waldenbooks. (Yes, Waldenbooks....that wasn't a typo). Let's begin our story about my crack habits and how I would go through poverty and flood to support them.

Item 1: I bought the best shirt EVER. This may even be a better shirt than the ones I'm planning on MAKING with my Adobe Illustrator powers. The only reason I came upon it is that in order to get to B&N I had to cut through the mall. And I walked by the Goth Topic and I tried to resist its Sirenian charms, but to no avail. I mean, come on. A store that sells anime clothing, punk rock clothing, and goth clothing............its like they gave me a personal wardrobe consultant. So, knowing that I would once again leave the store with the sadness that I am not, in fact, independently wealthy, I went in. And they had the Otaku shirt that I want, and the FMA shirts that I want, and the Bebop shirt that I want. And then there was a strange new one. All black, very nondescript, with a Fruits Basket tag. So....I pick it up. Bottom right....picture of orange cat head a la Kyo Sohma. Left chest I "heart" Kyo in nice orange letters. OH..........MY........GOD!!!!! So, it was 20 bucks.....WELL SPENT! Best shirt EVER. Better than the Yuki shirt that I got from that very same Goth Topic. Oh...I would buy one for each Sohma if I could. Except Akito....he's an asshole. And Hiro. And maybe Momiji....just cause he gets whiny. But Yuki, and Haru, and Shigure for sure. From then on my journey I vowed not to buy anything as the money I might have spent on manga at B&N was officially gone. So, I went, I read Hana-Kimi. It was good. No new Sensual Phrase was there or I may have read that too. But.....overall a successful bookstore whoring trip I would say. New Hana-Kimi makes for a happy Sari.

Item 2: Upon today's discovery that the best shirt in the world still had the ink tag on and therefore I would be unable to wear it today, I took it back to the mall. It had been thundering, but it wasn't really doing anything resembling getting to be raining out, so I went on a journey once again. So, I went and got my ink tag taken off and then there were all these cute plaid pleated skirts in all the stores, but I resisted them and went to get a Maki roll and some rice to eat. Then on my way out I had some time to kill and there was a Waldenbooks right by my exit to the bus stop. So I wandered in. They had this graphic novels little section and I looked at it, but it was mostly the old marvel stuff and then some rpg stuff. The guy behind the counter then informed me that ALL softcover books were buy 2 get one 15% off. And THEN I found the manga. Oh....for a tiny little store such as that their manga is IMPRESSIVE. Better than the shitty East Towne B&N by FAR. And so...........they had Sensual Phrase 9 AND 10. And I figured since I was getting 2 I should cash in on that 15% deal. So then I found Greenwood 7. I've never seen Greenwood 6...but that will come. We'll have to get 6 eventually I figure. And then the guy gave me the manga punch card so if I buy 7 more I get $10 free...so essentially buy 10 get one free. And then he signed me up for the lists where I am informed of when they do manga sales. And we had a nice conversation about how there's so much manga and how people would tell him one was good and it ended up being book 15 and you had to get the rest of them. And that gets expensive. Also...I saw the purse sized version of Bri's Fruits Basket man purse and I wanted it, but that was $18. So I resisted. And now.....I will have to call mother for some monies. Hmmmmmmm.........and such is the life of an Otaku. It's like they said to Sasahara..."buy first, think later.....you can buy a new computer, just don't eat for 3 months." Ahhhhhh...crack is cheaper.

Back to Iron Chef....lobster sashimi and tempura. Morimoto is making me hungry. Also, I met 3 nice Japanese on the prairie today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home