9.04.2005

You never forget your first


Ahhh Spike Spiegel. I love you. I will always love you. You will always have a place in my heart. You brought me into a whole new world, and even though our relationship has faded and I don't see you very often anymore, you'll always be my first love and I will never, ever forget you.

Ok...that said, most of you may be wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Or, maybe you aren't. I would like to say though, that this goes beyond my crushes on animated drawings to something much deeper. Call me a poser if you will...although I'd like to argue that I'm NOT since I've moved so deeply into the world of anime, but here's my story. I hated anime. I didn't understand it, I didn't want to understand it, I thought cartoons were for kids and I didn't even really watch too many of them then. I meet my Brian who loves him his anime. I make fun of it. One night we're in Brian's room and he turns on Adult Swim at 11PM on a Wednesday.....and there's anime. And I protest, and I don't want to watch it. But.....IT'S SO PRETTY!!!! And that guy is pretty cool. And it's the best scene in the best episode of the entire show. And by the end credits...I'm in love. And every Wednesday we get together and watch Cowboy Bebop. And then I start watching other cartoons too. There's still some anime I don't understand, but I love that show.

Fast forward a few years....I meet a guy. His room is all decorated with characters from anime and video games. I say...my friend Brian is really into all this stuff. I really like Cowboy Bebop. (I sound like a poser kid..."I like anime, I saw Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim. Tee hee.") He gets excited to hear that and we watch anime and play games together. Then we break up, but I've been given a little more appreciation for this world and I miss hanging out and watching anime and playing games. So I turn to Brian. And he educates me further. And now....now it is my world. And so.....I owe it all to Cowboy Bebop and Spike Spiegel.

Problems...I can't watch Bebop in Japanese cause I get mad cause it's not Spike. Also, I can't watch Wolf's Rain or Samurai Champloo IN English because I get mad cause the other characters are trying to be Spike. Eh....I live.

I say this because Adult Swim showed the Bebop movie last night...in English. I haven't seen Spike in a long time since I only have the series subbed. I missed him. He's back, and I love him dearly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

. . . that

was so beautiful.

Ah Spike. Although he's not the one to whom i gave up my anime-self's virginity, he is the one who taught me the some of the many pleasures anime can give a woman.

Thank you Sari the Magnificent, goddess of poetic intellect, for reminding me how much I do love the English Spike. the title of Magnificent fits you well.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

I, for one, am honored to receive the praise of one so highly respected individual. Also....being called a goddess of poetic intellect makes me feel all warm inside. I think that may be the best thing I've ever been called.

And....your continuation of my virginity metaphor was simply stunning. Therefore...I applaud you and bow to you, for you are truly worthy of my utmost respect.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home