1.25.2006

Resuming "Normality"

So, Brian was here since last Wednesday, so things didn't get done on the blog like they normally would. Let's pretend that we didn't skip a week of time and jump right back in to blog Wednesdays where I review a series I'm watching. Now, the last week was comprised of INTENSIVE NERDING with Brian. That said, I didn't really watch A series, per se, but rather a few episodes of a number of series. We did go to anime club on Saturday night for the series vote and one of the shows (which unfortunately got cut) seemed very potentially interesting. I'm in the process of acquiring the first 5 episodes, so when I do that and watch them I'll let you know what I think about it a little more. It could be possible that I still won't have a formal opinion after 5 eps, but I'll do what I can. Anyhow, the series in question is called Planetes and you can read a review by clicking on the series name above.

*NOTE*

I removed some of the content of this post. To see it, please go to my website at http://cranberryjam.bravehost.com/anime/comipa.html

Thanks....sorry for any confusion or hassle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dragonslippers said...

Yay and yay. I had fun too--I'm glad Brian could make it over.

Lemme know when you're out of your cocoon(i've noticed you haven't been online much while i have for a change) and up for some more anime-watching, cause lord knows i'm ready.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

I'm up for anime watching, though I won't be around this weekend. If by chance you're free Thursday let me know. Also, I should get my hard drive back from you ASAP so I can save things to it for class.

So, yeah...let's watch things either Thursday or Monday or Tuesday.

9:28 PM  
Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Hey SK. In regards to ComiPa we're dumb. The Special Mini is lik ethe second thing on the bonus menu and it's actually like 7 to ten minutes. It's not great, but it is more than 30 seconds. So....yeah....that's that on that front. Also, the soothing voice of Morgan Freeman is the perfect thing to help one fall asleep on a couch in the basement.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Yay for Morgan Freeman.

Also, Shojo Beat in August had an ad in the back promising the complete series of Boys Over Flowers at Viz online. They also promise volumes 1-12 of the DVD for only 24.99.


Can that possibly be true?????

Also, so glad we bought so much Shojo Beat, the stories are getting good.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

????

You bought Shojo beat?

......isn't that the maganzine that you are borrowing for me at this very moment?

I hope you didn't buy the same magazines which are sitting in the corner of your room---

also, I got myself a subscribtion to Shojo Beat, and currently own all the issues, if you're interested in getting one you missed.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Ahh Steph, I know I know. I didn't buy the ones you already had given me. And I'm missing November and December. AND......It's SOOOOOOOOOOO good. Ok, but I'm almost done with August and September, and if you want to borrow July to read the start of the series you should do that.

Yeah, we got it cause of a lot of things....namely, Nana, finding it at Suncoast with a free calendar, the fact that you had all the ones we missed, and finding July and August at half price books.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home