1.11.2006

Letting down the anime community

So..according to schedule I'm supposed to post about a series I'm watching. However, I'm not really watching one. So.....I have nothing to report.

I'm a failure to all otaku-kind. I only work 4 hours a day and other than that I'm pretty much home....and I haven't been watching ANYTHING.

I did read books 4 and 5 of Here is Greenwood. Hilariously amusing as always. I liked that the "Here is Devilswood" episode from the OVA was included as a sidestory in the manga and immediately followed by the cultural fest where people did do plays, but not that play. It was a creative merging by the artisans of the 6 ep OVA that EVERYONE SHOULD BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ridiculously cheap and hilariously entertaining. Also...I'm SO glad they chose to put the Devil's Wood story on the OVA. And I want it to be a real anime of it's own. I also like the expanding upon the characters and our look to the past interactions of Mitsuru and Shinobu and how they were enemies at first and are now partners in the same crimes. I think what amused me most was the guy that wanted to get between Suka-chan and his brother and get to his brother's wife. Haha...he managed to start a rumor that Kazuhiro was gay and he kept throwing shit at Suka-chan and making him think that Shinobu did it. I was laughing really hard. And I was reading it on the bus so this made it even funnier that I was laughing out loud. Oh...Yukie Nasu, thank you. I hope we can find volume 6 so that I can read 6 and 7 (I bought 7 when I found it but I still haven't found 6)....seriously people....get the OVA. And then you will want to read all the manga too. This series is pure hilarity all the time. There are pretty boys who pick on the new kid, there's the new kid who has a crush on his brother's wife and gets nosebleeds when he thinks about it, there's the boy who looks EXACTLY like a girl, there's the school nurse/older brother who just teases his brother (the new kid) all the time. And there are hilarious high school antics at the all boys school in the dorm. And sports fests and cultural fests galore. Simply hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home