10.05.2005

Good movies and Good People

So...I just got back from a viewing of Serenity (courtesy of the fine folks at Alliant Energy who gave me a giftcard for Marcus Cinemas) with latest friend Adam Perkins. (Hmmm...I should call him AP...nice ring to it. I wonder if he'll hate that??) VERY VERY VERY good movie. If you like sci-fi and nerd things (I imagine you do if you're taking the time to read this blog) then you should see this. It was awesome. Actually better than I expected. It made me laugh, it made me sad, it made me jump.......SO GOOD. You have to understand that it does, in a way, make fun of itself........but it doesn't do it in the traditional way. It does it well. So much that you think it's good despite the fact that it makes fun of the genre to an extent. Ok......but that's not the focus really. The movie is based on the sci-fi series Firefly (forever immortalized in Penny-Arcade fame) which I am only, admittedly, slightly familiar with as I never really did get much chance to see the DVDs that Hagen bought since he left so soon afterward. The movie, however, REALLY made me want to see the series. So.....Hagen....you, me, January, Firefly.......bring it on.

Ok.....that said, click the links, read the info, GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless Joss Whendon. Hated Angel and Buffy, but man did he do a good job with this.

Oh btw, hello there! Just your friendly neighbourhood stalker here!

8:26 PM  
Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Y'know just to make your life a little bit less fun, y'know I'm gonna forget to bring Firefly home with me.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Awww..Hagen. No need to be bitter.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home