9.19.2005

Odds n ends

First of all...thank you to the folks at Japan-a radio for playing the End of Eva song in the anime show tonight. It made me happy. One of those weird happies where you're listening to a song about someone who hates their life and you're happy cause for once you AREN'T relating. Or maybe it's just cause it's such a pretty song. Anyway. I'm glad they played it. And thanks also for all the Love Hina music. It's reminding me how much I really really want to go to Suncoast and get that Love Hina Hinata girls soundtrack. Fun stuff.

Second...I've been listening to a lot of Pillows because they ROCK. And consequently I've been thinking about FLCL. But I'm not in my usual disillusioned FLCL mood, so I don't know if I should watch it for fear I will slip into that mood. Strangely enough, I've been very happy lately. Don't know why, especially with Bri-kun gone. Hanging out with Steph helps a lot...she's my anime buddy now and my workout buddy and my all around general buddy I guess. In fact...I'm in more of a mood for The Used All That I've Got if I may use a non-anime and possibly non-nerd reference for a minute. Although I feel like I shouldn't be in that mood either cause I SHOULD be lonely...but I'm not. I don't necessarily think I'm "far from lonely" though. I could go over the edge any day now I bet. Well...let's hope I ride out the high for a while at least. It IS almost time for my hooray Sari has been single for a year/take that one Steve Ludwig party on October 2. I should probably start letting people know about that. I'ma write it down right now. And register for my computer training since I just opened the calendar which is STILL not on the wall and realized that I forgot to do that. Taking a dreamweaver, an html, and a photoshop class so I can make the nerd blog look EVEN BETTER than it already does. HA!! AND...my 1 year of being single happens to fall on the weekend that Howl's Moving Castle is showing at MU. I'm SO there...even though I will have to miss anime club to go most likely......hmmmm...logistics to work out.

Speaking of anime and my one year party....I would like to extend yet another thank you to the wonderful Ms. Stephanie Wright without whom I would not have met a boy who has the potential to be the nerd boy I've been looking for. I'm hoping maybe something will work out with this one. And by maybe I mean....I hope so. He likes anime....it can't be THAT bad. So he isn't Japanese....he's cute, he's nice, he likes anime, he asked for my phone number, he likes cars. SOMETHING good should come of this. We all have to get together to watch anime sometime. That's key. I like Bito's suggestion of distracting Steph on purpose....if anyone can distract it's Bito...people expect that of her. Also...he told me he wants to come to the party...lol. That's cute and funny. Well, if we're celebrating by watching Howl's then I'm sure he'll DEFINITELY want to come. Who knows....maybe I can make it EXACTLY one year.....that would amuse me. I know Bri, I know...don't go getting ahead of myself. I'll try. Treat it like a friends situation, see where it goes from there.

Alright...that may not have been appropriate for the nerd blog, but I argue that it did deal with anime AND nerds so it's ok. I redeem myself with my music analysis below in the post script.

I can't stop loving you
~Sari

P.S. Slayers--bad anime, good music. Initial D--mediocre anime, terrible music Gundam--terrible anime, good music. Just some observations from the anime show which was playing as I wrote this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home