9.14.2005

Everyone looks better in cat ears

So....I need a little help from the general populus as to what I should cosplay as for Halloween this year. For those of you who missed last year I was Rikku from FFX. It was badass!!!

However...this year my Bri-kun has given me some idears and I have a few of my own, but they all have pros and cons and I just don't know the best way to decide other than to take a poll. And I shall start with you......I look like the picture in the post 2 below this (scroll down and you will see it), and I want to create a costume that resembles one of the people in the pics I will soon put below. Mind you...I'M not against changing the color of my hair, I do it all the time. However, I have pseudo-real jobs this year so I may have to consult about that. There are always wigs though...bless them. Though real hair looks better. Ok...enough rambling....let's get on this.......

Candidate 1: Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation). For those of you who need some background....Gravitation is the series that is discussed in at least 75% of this blog. Shuichi is the lead singer of the band Bad Luck, he's 18 and acts like an immature whiney brat, but you can't help but love him. He's in love with the writer Eiri Yuki who is super hot and sometimes very harsh with poor Shu-chan. Ok...picture time.






Candidate 2: Is STILL Shuichi Shindou, but this time a very specific Shuichi Shindou where he's cosplaying in the girls middle school uniform to get Eiri to like/accept him more. Let's see if I can find a picture of THAT. Ahh the power of the Google image search. God bless those people.

Yeah, all I found were pics of other people cosplaying as Shuichi cosplaying. But put above character (I should note that his hair was also brown, black, and blonde throughout the series, but most commonly pink) in a girls blue and white sailor suit school uniform. I think you can probably visualize this.

Candidate 3: Shun Kisaragi, Here is Greenwood. Shun is a guy at an all guys school......but he looks, acts, dresses, etc. EXACTLY like a girl because his mother owns a hotel and the rights to it are to go to the next female in the family and until they got a baby sister, Shun and his brother Reina (who also looks like a girl) were the only options. Prettiest boy in the school, complete with long light pink hair. I'd need a wig for this cause ain't no way my hair is gonna grow that quickly. Anyway...it's hilarious. Here are pics:


There were more, but Google and the blog are both acting weird about them. So......there's a GENERAL idea. I'd like to give you more, but I don't know that I can.

Candidate 4: Yukino Miyazawa (Kare Kano/His and Her Circumstances). One of my all time favorite anime heroines. Yukino is great. She's very image driven, smartest girl in school, pretty, popular, HOT boyfriend who is ALSO one of the smart, pretty, popular kids (Anyone want to be the Arima to my Miyazawa????). Oh yeah...and she's a big POSER!!!! And I love her. I am Yukino and Arima together in one embodiment. Plus her uniform rocks my socks. See it for yourself!!!



Ok...man, she's soooo kawaii!!! There are so many pics of her that I ADORE!!! Yukino....suki!!! I hope I didn't bias anyone's opinion. Cause there is the caveat that everyone will think I'm just going as.....schoolgirl. Also...I don't have an Arima. *sniff* A fact that I lament EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE. He's the one that made me want to find me a hot Japanese boy in the first place!!!

Candidate 5: Ryo Hayakawa (Princess Nine). Anime about girls playing baseball. One of the greatest things ever experienced by the great Brian Hagen and I. And Ryo rocks. So does Seira (pronounced like MY name!!!) and also I could be the ditsy right fielder girl who's name escapes me (Yoko...I looked it up). Any rate...Japanese baseball uniforms are easy enough to get ahold of....thank you Ragstock!!! Here are pics (I hope...this isn't a very well known series) of all 3 of the afforementioned.


Ryo Hayakawa Yoko Tokashiki Seira Morimura

Ok....that's that. That series ROCK btw. I'm currently borrowing the box set from Steph who is borrowing it from its original owner. Too bad I can't borrow it forever. I really want that!!!

Candidate 6: Momiji Sohma or Kisa Sohma (Fruits Basket). Now here's a series we NEVER talk about on here and we should. This is like my favoritist series of all time. No lie. SUCH good memories of this and the characters and interactions and everything. It makes me SOOO happy. I think that if it weren't for Fruits Basket I wouldn't be nearly as into anime as I am now. Seriously. It's amazing. Also....Number one selling Shoujou manga in America folks. Can't be doing TOO badly here, now can we. AND I have a wall scroll and my beautiful Sohma boys look at me every time I lay in my bed. But Momiji and Kisa are the little kid roles. Hags thought it would be fun for me to try. My hair (though it's in the Yuki cut--which can double as the Shuichi cut on a whim) is almost to Kisa length. I'll just show you pics. Kisa is sooo kawaii!!


Momiji Kisa

Candidate 7: Fuu from Samurai Champloo. This one sounds especially fun if I can find me a Jin and a Mugen....but that's not looking like good odds. If only I had some friends.......... Anyway, Fuu is fun and her costume is easy-ish. I dunno, I just think she's cute. Pics below.



Candidate 8: Ryuichi Sakuma...the man himself. Rockstar, sexy hotness, you know the drill. Pics cause we all need a little more of appreciating his hotness...


Or...I could be Noriko. She's badass too!!!


Finally Candidate 9: The Prince himself.....Yuki Sohma. I DO have his haircut. So pretty, so pretty, so pretty........


Oh..how hot is that?!?!

I could have kept going with that one all night long. *sigh* I think I may need my Haru here to effectively appreciate that though. I miss you in Korea Ha-san.

Ummm...I think that's it for now. If I think of any more ideas I will put them up here, but we've already got a lot to work with. You guys HAVE to let me know what you think I should do and who I should be. I already know who I should do *cough* Ryuichi/Eiri/Yuki *cough*

Enough now.....I should go to bed. Good thing I haven't had any homework yet....this blog is getting all my attention. Well....blog/CD making/icon making/being a NERD!!!!! This is how life should be if you ask me.

Welcome to my romance
Sari-kun

3 Comments:

Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

I'll be honest I think Shun from Greenwood would be super amusing. Although if I had three picks....Shun, cosplay Shuichi, or a princess 9 girl.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Dragonslippers said...

I demand to see a pic of you as Rikku from last year.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

haha if I can find one....there weren't many taken and I may not actually have posession of one. If I do I think I didn't develop the film yet.

I'll do what I can....I should get on that anyway.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home