9.10.2005

anime club

So...just got back from 5 straight hours of celebrating the otaku in me with a room full of approximately 80 other otaku, most of whom are far more hardcore than I. I did however, play my Kasukabe Saki-san role to its fullest.....with, of course, my own added flair. What I mean by that, is that I went to anime club dressed like THIS:

Yep...that's right. I went there. As if I wouldn't have ALREADY been the hottest girl in the room sans Asian girls....I did it. It was SO funny too. I walked in and everyone looked at me like I probably had the wrong group meeting. 2 people (who I ended up talking with ALL night and were really nice and knew WAY less about anime than me so I was sounding like a vast source of knowledge) even went so far as to ask me...."so, you like anime??" Haha it was sugoi!!! I also got to impart knowledge on someone who I KNOW has a great knowledge of things already. Man....I'm such an amazing nerd sometimes I even impress myself. So...Jason, who had been helping me with things such as FFIV came to say hi and he was talking about how awesome Mai HiME (that's the best review EVER btw....read the 4th review paragraph to the end...totally how I feel) is, and I was like..."yeah, it's ok. There are better things." Then I say, "so, do you know Chrno Crusade? Well, the same voice actor, Chiba Saeko, does the voice for Azmaria in Chrno that does the voice for Natsuki in Mai HiME." And he's like..."really??? Wow....yeah. Well, I guess MAYBE I could see that." (Natsuki and Azmaria are TOTALLY different ends of the spectrum). Then I'm like..."yeah, she sings the end theme to Chrno which makes the karaoke part in Mai HiME really really funny all of a sudden. AND....she's Tsubaki in Kare Kano."(How kawaii is the pic in that link btw???) And he is impressed. (Also...I just learned that she's got a character in Kujian too....though I haven't seen Kujian beyond Genshiken) And my vast wealth of knowledge that all started with my love for the Chrno end theme and knowledge of the "system" that is animeNfo was hailed by all. HA!!! Take that anime club. I'm hotter than you AND I know my shit!!!!!

So...we voted and the winners were the exact 3 I wanted, though we did have to re-vote a few times between Genshiken and Stellvia. But the order is Champloo, Scraprin, and Genshiken. So then I got to watch Genshiken 2 AGAIN and AGAIN be reminded of the beginning of the relationship that is Sari and Brian Hagen. It's truly amusing. 2 and 6 REALLY remind me of us. So.....bottom line is that anime club was fun and I think I will continue to go. Especially once we get past episode 8 of Scraprin cause then its all new and I have to see it.

So....yay. Soon will come voting on Sari's cosplaying for Halloween. Look forward to it.

With sex appeal it's the best!!
Sari

3 Comments:

Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

watching genshiken 2 was hilarious, and educational last night. thanks! btw, when are we watching 6?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

DAMN sari! lookin mighty HOTT there!!!

You should get someone to follow you around w/ a boombox playing "bad to the bone" while you swing your hips in slo-mo.

You'll also need someone to walk in front of you with an industrial fan to give you that hot windswept model look . . .


Hmm, maybe it's not such a good idea. George Thorogood + loud mechanical noises? You might end up getting swamped by confused rednecks who, much like moths to a lightbulb, would start swarming the area believing they sensed a monster-truck derby.

a scary thought indeed.

*shudder*

2:46 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Bri...we'll watch 6 whenever we are both around at the same time. Who knows when that will be....

Jess...you rock my world! Haha...that might be fun to try though. I always did want my own theme music...

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home