9.08.2005

Anime club and miscellaneous things

First things....Steph and I had an AWESOME workout today. It was cool. I hope we keep it up. Nerds exercising!!!!!!

Second things....here's the official finalists for anime club on Saturday. We have to vote for 3. I can pretty much already tell you what my votes are unless something DRASTICALLY strikes me while I'm watching the first 2 episodes of the rest of these. Probability of that happening is LOW..... Ok: Samurai Champloo, Mai Hime, Louie the Rune Soldier, Scrapped Princess, Genshiken, Slayers, Uchuu no Stellvia.

We'll see......

Third thing, WHAT CHARACTER SHOULD I BE FOR HALLOWEEN?!?!?!?! I have some ideas, but I just don't know. Or maybe I could be someone totally different than the characters I love. Plus all the ones I can think of are "guys"....sorta. Anyway......I will give you a quarter for every useable suggestion. I'm not freaking kidding!!

Fourth thing, hopefully the last. I need to make T-shirts. And I need help. Gravitation doesn't have suitable merchandise for those of us who want to support the BANDS and not just the show. So I shall make us some. However, I have a limited knowledge of how to make a T-shirt and where to find the materials....such as iron on glittery letters that can mayhaps say..."I *heart* Nittle Grasper" or things like that. If someone could impart that vast knowledge on me I would be ever so much appreciated. Cause I want my shirt.....complete with this picture.....



Or possibly the one I have for my icon......which is, of course shown above. I want one of a picture of Ryuichi talking to Kumagoro (DRATS!!! I gave away the theme!) or just looking happy while holding him, but I can't find one. So....if anyone has any good ones, send them my way.

Alright...that's really really it for now. I'll likely be back soonish. Tomorrow is hanging out with Steph, Lelah, Dennis, and likely Bito and watching both Ghost in the Shell movies. So....I will probably be in a kick ass awesome mood when I get home. Then club on Saturday...so I'll more than likely need to talk about stuff then.

Alright....well

Can't get enough
~Sari

4 Comments:

Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

Halloween costume ideas:
1. Be Shuichi
2. Be Shuichi when he's crossing dressing in the sailor uniform.
3. If you're hair somehow gets long enough you should really be Shun from Greenwood.
4. You could always try and assemble a Miyazawa uniform.
5. From Princess 9 Ryo Hayakawa. Or keep it blonde and go as the ditzy right fielder.
6. Try and pass for a little kid and do either momiji or kisaa.
7. Find a Kimono and go as Fu from Champloo. Also find one or two other people and make them be Jin and/or Mugen


There 7 whole ideas...I want my $1.75

5:23 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Those are GOOD!!! Damn boy.

I thought about Shuichi...have to re-dye the hair pink. Dunno how that would go over the red. Also thought about being Sakuma. Or Yuki.

Shun would be fun...I can get a wig. That would be neat.

I want to assemble a Miyazawa uniform ANYWAY.....so I should. I'm afraid people would think I was just being "school girl" though.

Ryo would be fun...Ragstock does have all those Japanese baseball uni's. Also...."keep it blonde" would require that it is blonde in the first place...AND....it isn't. You know that, you haven't been gone THAT long.

HAHAHA...Momiji. Kisa is SOO kawaii though....hmmmm

The Fu idea intrigues me, it intrigues me highly. I shall pose it to the group blog. I think there may be voting.

Also...I'll send your $1.75 (I may make it 2 bucks cause that Champloo idea is so good) with your care package that shall be sent as soon as you give me an adress and list of American items that you desire to be sent through the mail.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Queen Jezebel the Wicked said...

http://www.thecraftypc.com/glitemtshir.html

above is a website w/ info on how to put glitter on an iron-on t-shirt transfer.

and what a fabulous fucking idea! i think one of my Leonard Nimoy t-shirts deserves to be done in glitter. in fact, you could be the first to popularize the lord Nimoy in all his glitteriness yourself! The standard Nimoy picture that first begat the Nimoy movement can be found on Steph's blog (check the archives). That would look AMAZING.

It's really easy to make iron-on t-shirts. I got an assload of opaque tshirt transfer paper from this site: http://printonit.zoovy.com/category/transferpapers/

and I've been pretty happy with the quality of it. The transfers I bought at Walmart were really shitty and pretty much completely flaked off in the wash after 3 or 4 cycles, so I'd go with this stuff.

I personally prefer to use opaque transfers; they're more expensive but they're better in quality and are less likely to fade, plus you won't have to print them as a mirror image. And you can use them on both light colored t-shirts and dark, so they're more versatile.

That's all the wisdom I have to impart on that subject. Onto the next--I do think you'd make a good Fuu. Plus, if you're Fuu, you get to have a flying squirrel! WEEE!!

Then again, if you're feeling less like a cute 15 year old and more like an 83 year old vixen (and, incidentally, don't mind freezing your ass off), I bet you'd make an exceptionally hot Faye Valentine. You could then get yourself a Spike and a Jet, and perhaps even an Ed and an Ein; now how cool would THAT be?!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

You are the t-shirt making queen Jess!!!

And if I could get an Ein....my life would be complete.

Thanks for the info on the transfers....I hope this deal works!!!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home