11.27.2005

GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN, ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD

Ok.....So I've now seen the first 6 episodes of "the greatest anime of our time" as it seems to have been presented to me, and I want to know......what makes it the greatest??? Sure, it's good. I like what they're doing. But it's pretty stock. Is this just because so many other series have tried to imitate the "champion"? Is it just cause it's old?? I don't know. There are a lot of things I like so far. The fights aren't one of them. I do like that they made it realistic and Shinji is actually getting it handed to him as a new pilot of a giant f-ing robot, but the fighting isn't as cool as my anime music video made it seem. I'm hoping that will all come in time. As for Shinji. You all think he's a bitch?? I want to give him a hug. His dad left him, then demands that he comes back whether he wants to or not cause he's the only one that can drive the fancy giant robot of destruction that his dad made. So....to try to make daddy happy with him for once in his freaking life (a problem I'm none too unfamiliar with, though my dad doesn't build giant robots) he agrees, scared out of his mind cause he's f-ing 14 and in a totally new place with high potential of his dad sending him out to his death. Then the kids at school don't talk to him and THEN beat the crap out of him for driving the robot that almost killed their relatives while it was getting an ass kicking cause Shinji didn't know what the hell was going on. Then he finds out that his dad cares WAY more about the pilot of the other robot who isn't even related to him than he does about his own son. And......even though he does try to give up and run away, he cares about Misato enough not to. And he wants to find out about Rei even though she's his daddy's little girl. I think Shinji just needs an f-ing break from the world and a gigantic hug. That's what I think. I love you Shinji. I'll give you a hug.

There's my Eva review so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger IBC Reporter Bri-Kun said...

ok, so I'm hogging your comment page for my own use. Way to go Genetics/English Kid! During my days I was a Genetics kid, then an English kid, and finished as a Biology/English kid.

Also thank you for backing up the bitch slapping of Shinji that I have been advocating to the blogs author since long before she even started watching Eva.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Ubiquitous Leader SK said...

Bri.....since when have I ever heeded your "advocations". Random other guy....YOU ROCK!!! I like you already and I didn't even read your blog yet.

THANK YOU!!! Sanity in the world. I'll stop by when I get three seconds.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home